Soup Stuff: Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash

What You'll Need:

  • 1½ Sweet Potato(chopped into a million pieces)
  • 1 Butternut Squash (as above)
  • 1 Medium Brown Onion (diced)
  • 2 medium red Chillies (chopped and also optional)
  • 1tsp of Olive Oil (or other preferred)
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic
  • A few handfuls of Basil (I have a plant growing in my kitchen so I used fresh)
  • A pinch of Salt
  • 750ml of Water combined with 1 Vegetable stock cube
  • 250ml of Milk (I used semi-skimmed)
  • A food processor or hand blender


What You Need To Do:
  1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan then add the onion and garlic until translucent.
  2. Continue then by adding the diced squash and sweet potato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
  3. Add the salt, stock, milk ,basil and chillies then bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of your chunks you may need less or more time)
  4. Blend the vegetable mixture until no more lumps can be seen, as we want this as smooth as possible.



You're now ready to tuck in, or if you prefer empty the soup into a container and freeze for another day!


Let me know what you think guys, I had a lot of fun making this and am looking forward to my next soupy adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment