Big "Chubby" Boo-Hoo!



I recently bought the latest copy of Glamour magazine, very much swayed by the free Clinique product included. I bagged my self a miniature Chubby Stick in the shade Super Strawberry, I have wanted to buy one of these for a while and to much dismay, it is far from "super"
I'm a bit of a lip balm connoisseur and this really didn't hit the standards I would expect from such a well loved brand, irritating would be the best way to describe the texture of the balm, I felt so relieved wiping it off my lips as it felt cheap and tacky, it's "moisturising" in a greasy sense. As for the colour, I do like the fact that they say it's a balm and mean it, this is no full on, opaque lippy to paint the town with and not have to re-apply all night, you can go from the ' just bitten' look to translucent berry. The packaging is lovely, simple and looks very enticing but this product doesn't feel comfortable on, which is a shame.
Would it help for a little fruity aroma?

Apparently not, now I have never seen a full sized version of the Chubby Stick so correct me if I'm wrong, but if Clinique hopes to cash in on a few more sales from it's exposure in Glamour it has really gone down the 'let's cut costs and skip a few of the important bits' and I wont be buying one.

Leeaaron x

No comments:

Post a Comment